Green Vines Background

Saturday, August 20, 2011

There's No Easier Way to Say This: I Love God

I usually don't get too personal on here but this is something I need to say. I've gotten pretty lazy when it comes to my religion and my testimony. I have never stopped believing everything I've been taught my whole life, but I've stopped acting and thinking the way I should. It's time to step up my game.

It has recently hit me very strongly that I'm happiest when I'm doing what I know is right, even if it just seems like little things. I just read my scriptures for the first time in too long and I already feel a million times more positive and calm. I started praying again and I feel a million times happier. These aren't huge changes I'm making but they are making huge changes in my outlook and my attitude. 

My favorite part I read today was Enos 1:15 where it said "Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it." I believe this with all my heart. 

It's funny, for the past like, 5 years of my life I had completely convinced myself that Utah was NOT the place for me. But the more I see and hear of other places I realize how lucky I am to be in Utah. I'm grateful to be in such a clean, safe place even if at times it seems like a sheltered bubble. 

I'm starting to feel truly happy for the first time in a very long time and I have God to thank for that. I would be nothing without him. 


This is one of my favorite church paintings.
"Lost and Found" by Greg Olsen.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Isn't God amazing? His love for us is endless. I know I take great comfort in the fact that He loves each of His children. He may not love their choices but He still loves them. The BoM is filled with great truths. I'm eternally grateful that I have it in my life. My favorite scripture is D&C 101:16 "And let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; Be still and know that I am God."

    The Saviour suffered all things for us. Taking the phrase "mine hands" literally it points to the scripture in Isaiah 49:16 "Behold I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..." We are truly in God's hands, all of us. He has made possible our salvation through His infinite and eternal sacrifice. How can one not love God the Father and His Son for making our atonement possible?

    In our crazy mixed-up world, it is easy to let the cares of the world overwhelm us. I know it has happened to me several times. But when I stop, remember my Saviour, His sacrifice, His love and my love for Him, it helps me put things back in perspective. God really is God. He knows us individually, understands us individually and most important loves us individually.

    Again, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my recent favorite scriptures is in Moses 7 starting in verse 24 where Enoch was being shown in vision all the people who were being wicked and were going to be killed by the flood that would come when Noah went into the ark and he saw the Lord weeping. He asked how this could be possible, seeing how the Lord had sooo many children in an endless number of worlds. And the Lord said, "Behold these are the workmanship of mine own hands, and I gave unto them their knowledge, in the day I created them."

    Makes me feel like I'm not too small to be noticed when the Lord can "stretch forth [his] hands and hold all the creations which [he] has made."

    Then reading again from verse 23 through 40. Made me smile, and cry a little, I will admit.

    ReplyDelete