Green Vines Background

Monday, October 10, 2011

And The Doobie Doobie Pothead Stoner of the Year Award Goes To...

......half of the people at the X96 Big Ass Show 2011. Seriously, half the people there were smoking. Ok maybe just a fourth were smoking and the rest were drunk. I don't know what it is about outdoor concerts that attracts the grungiest, dirtiest people. Clean people like music too, right? Here are some pics I tried to take without being obvious. I'm not so great at the stalker-type photo taking.

Let's start with a game of "Where's Waldo?"
Can you find him?


Oh, look! Here he is.


Silly Waldo. 

And then there was this girl:


She kept looking at me so I couldn't get a very good picture. That girl in the middle is in an old fashioned school girl uniform or something and she was holding a stuffed animal. Yeah.....weird. And I know what you guys are thinking: Where can you get an awesome vomit jacket like the guy on the right? Answer: nowhere. It's one of a kind. His grandpappy made it for him. 

But no worries, you can purchase creepy school girl's friend's fedora at most upscale retail shops. Day: made. I know. 

Here is our crappy view of the stage when Anberlin was playing. This was after we had moved. We were closer before but pot smoke kept wafting into our faces so we decided not to get a secondhand high and moved next to the people who were smoking cigarettes instead. Lesser of two evils I guess lol. 


This picture is just awesome. It looks nothing like how the building and sky actually looked but for some reason, this is the image that came out when I took the picture. I like it better this way. 


And here is the awesome T-shirt I got. You HAVE to buy a shirt for every concert you go to. It's a rule I choose to live by. 


It was kinda sad but kinda cool cause Brendon Urie, the lead singer for Panic! At the Disco somehow got malaria and was in the hospital. So they improvised and had the lead singers from some of the other bands get up with the rest of Panic! and sing their songs. It was.....interesting. The lead singer for Neon Trees actually did a pretty good job, I was impressed. Brogan Kelby, however, needs to just stick to his own music. 

Luckily, I got to see Panic! At the Disco in Oregon in June and they were awesome. Hopefully Brendon recovers soon. 

All in all it was a good day. I rode the trax for the first time and I also ate at The Cheesecake Factory for the first time. Their cheesecake was amazing but their salad tasted like shiz-ola. You would think that a restaurant that is fancy enough to have cloth napkins would have a salad that wouldn't make you vomit. I literally gagged and had to down my coke to get rid of the disgusting taste. Britt can testify to this. 

All I can say is, if you're looking for a good salad, go to Cafe Rio. Other people will say go to Costa Vida, but at Cafe Rio you get yelled at in Spanish and get huge portions, which is way more exciting than white teenage boys quietly handing you your normal, human sized salad. 

I'm rambling cause I'm sick and losing my mind, so peace out. 

Enjoy my ramblings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment