Green Vines Background

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Country Side of Me

I have always loved the idea of living out in the country. Big open fields. Cute, run down barns. Horses everywhere. Not to mention country boys lol. Obviously the country has it's downsides, but I think living near the country would be nice. As long as there were still enough things to do close by of course. I love concerts and shopping so you can't be too deep in the country lol. 


I grew up in Spanish Fork, Utah. For those of you who don't know, Spanish Fork is a small town compared to most other cities in Utah (and it is not just the place where they have the Hare Krishna Festival of Colors lol). I love it. And of course, it was where I grew up so I have tons of memories there. One of my favorite memories was going to the baseball/softball park and playing, and watching my sisters play, softball. In Spanish Fork, softball is a pretty big deal. Almost everyone there plays it, or knows someone who plays it, including me and three of my sisters at one point or another. 


There's something about summer nights that make me happy, and watching softball on summer nights makes me even happier. Even though we don't live in Spanish Fork anymore my sister Tara still drives down there to play softball on the adult city league with some of her friends who still live there. 



I am super stoked because she has decided to play again this summer, so I get to watch her play at least one more year :). I'm glad because it gives me an excuse to head back down to there and spend more summer nights watching softball. Plus she's super good at it and I like to watch her dominate the other teams.


I am planning on taking some pics of my "hometown" when I go down there again. I don't know what exactly people are supposed to consider their hometown, but I lived in Spanish Fork for 9 straight years and did most of my growing up there, so I consider it my hometown. Anyway, keep an eye out for those pictures, hopefully they turn out good. 


Here is Rascal Flatts' song Summer Nights. It got stuck in my head while I was writing this.




No comments:

Post a Comment