Green Vines Background

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Most Idiotic Assignment in the History of the World

When I signed up for my History of Graphic Design class, I thought all the homework would be history and graphic design related. I was wrong. Apparently, to my teacher, monkey vests fall under the category of history of graphic design. He came up with the bright idea to force us to make a freakin vest for a monkey like in this picture. 


 Yeah. Retarded.

So here is what I spent literally ALL DAY today making. 



Yes, I made it all by myself. Yes, I sewed it completely by hand. And yes, it is supremely awesome given what it is. I've never sewn anything before so I think I did pretty decent for my first try.

I designed a freaking sweet cubist version of the superman logo a while ago for an idea I had for a drawing but I never ended up using it. I was going to sew it on the back of this but after spending all day on it, I didn't want to waste anymore time on the lamest assignment ever given. 

After he gives it back, (IF he gives it back. He might keep it for a creepy doll collection he possibly has in his basement and tricked us all into making clothes for it.) I am going to give it to my little sister to put on her stuffed monkey. So if he does give it back, I might sew on the logo cause it is quite awesome.

Anyways, enjoy. But don't go thinking I am going to start making clothes for pets or anything and ask me to make a sweater for your dog. This was a one time thing, and once was more than enough.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAAAAA!!!!!
    I. Love. It.
    A++

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the monkey vests I have seen, this is by far the coolest.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete