Green Vines Background

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Do the Dew: Retro Style

For my final Illustration project, we got to choose from making a travel poster, a menu for a restaurant (or something with a restaurant, I didn't really pay attention to that part), or redesign a label for a product. I decided to redesign the Mountain Dew label since I probably help fund their company with how much I spend on it. So here is my final design. 



I started out wanting the label to have a graffiti feel, but then I was inspired by Mountain Dew's new Throwback Mountain Dew commercial which helped me get to the final project. 

Here is that commercial:


I hand drew all the line work and the words, and then I added all the color digitally on photoshop and also photoshopped in the nutrition information. 

Anyway, I had a lot of fun working on this assignment and think it's my best work yet for this class. 

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. You're going to be rich, Rich, RICH!!! When Pepsi Co. gets wind of this. You worked hard and it shows. Now, I'm ditching this library and going for a cool, refreshing Mtn. Dew. I'm going to print off a few of these and randomly find convience store clerks who owe me favors and I'm going to swap lables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will definitely get an A for this one. Can't imagine how you did this.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete