Green Vines Background

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Death and Taxes

"What time is football registration? I'm too lazy to look online"

"I didn't sign up my son online for the two months it was available, and I'll be out of town for the three weeks you're doing registration in the store, can I get special treatment since I'm a moron?"

"Can I get a discount? I know Randy."

"Can I get a discount? I've shopped here before."

"Can I get a discount? I just want a discount."

Blah. Freakin. Blah. 

This is the crap I had to deal with for about 9 hours at work today. Nothing I love more than dealing with whiney parents who won't shut up about their "special circumstance" and why we should go out of our way to make things easier for them. Then there's always the fun part of trying to decipher the handwriting on the hundreds of registration forms from chicken scratches into English. Half the forms aren't filled out completely and the other half look like they're in Japanese.

Oh UVFL. 
FML

My little sister has this habit of getting the mail and distributing it out throughout the house and putting it on people's beds. Even though she got her tonsils out this morning, she still did it. So when I got home after dealing with all that football crap I went into my room and there was an envelope on my bed. Guess what was inside it?

A CHECK

Heck. Yes. 

You know how they say the only things you can be sure of in life are death and taxes? Well thank goodness for that, cause I was happy to be surprised with a check from my insurance company who had lowered my rate and reimbursed part of what I had paid :) I could get used to surprises like that.

You know what else I could get used to?
Having a day off :) Yay for tomorrow. 


2 comments:

  1. hahah. i'm sorry you had to endure UVFL. parents are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo for checks in the mail. And UVFL has given birth on another acronym: FOL F our lives! You know that scripture about the opposition in all things, well UVFL brings it home.

    ReplyDelete