Green Vines Background

Thursday, September 23, 2010

People are Like a Box of Chocolates

It is amazing to me how many different types of people there are. The reason I bring this up is because I have met someone who is pretty much the COMPLETE opposite of me in almost every way possible. Let me start off by saying that I have nothing against this person and we completely get along, but we don't agree on ANYTHING.

We have one similarity. We are both trying to be art majors. She wants to go into illustration. I want to go into graphic design. She is pretty much completely left brained, even though she says she's equal, and I'm pretty much completely right brained. She loves rules. She loves marching band. She loves math. She hates everything abstract. She feels the need to be THE best. She is against caffeine. SHAME!

She is very methodical, accurate, rigid, thinks things through in detail, plans out everything, etc.
I, on the other hand, do things spontaneously without really thinking about it, never make plans, am relaxed (maybe too relaxed), don't care about pointless things, hate rules and will break them if I want, hate math, LOVE everything abstract, and don't care about being THE best as long as I do my best, and most importantly: I LOVE CAFFEINE.

I love the t.v. show Psych. She believes that Shawn Spencer (one of my favorite characters ever created) is too relaxed, and therefore will not watch the show. I don't understand that. It's just little comments and things she does all the time that make me think...WTF (what the freak ;) )???? Because I would do and say the complete opposite. I think she's a great person, but I just don't get how her brain works since mine works completely different.

It's just amazing to me how different people are. There's nothing wrong with being different. We can all learn from each other. It'll be interesting to see what I learn from this girl haha. Maybe I'll rub off on her. Maybe she'll rub off on me. NAH! HAHA that would be entertaining though.....I guess we'll see what happens.

3 comments: