Green Vines Background

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Time Suck

Hey there. So I know I don't post that often. This is because I have a major time suck called: art classes. To prove that I haven't just been negligent, here are some of the projects I've been working on. The colors are a little off cause I took pictures in really bad light, but you get the gist.


This was a blind contour line drawing, so I did most of it without looking.


This was another blind contour line drawing.


This was a drawing I did of a drawing lol. Weird and really difficult assignment that turned out better than I thought it would considering I don't draw much. Don't worry, it's supposed to have those little lines on it.


This was an assignment where we had to draw a bunch of marks over and over. In this drawing there are an astounding
10,000 squares.


This drawing has 1,000 squares.


This one has 100 squares.


This is a collage, one of my favorite. Ignore the shiny part. That's from the stupid flash.


This is probably one of my least favorite collages.


And here is yet another collage. Fantabulous, no?



Here is an assignment I HATED. We had to do a series of 3 collages.
The first one had to be a collage of 2 analogous colors. Hence this collage.

The second had to be the same design (which I'm not a fan of) but with an anomaly. Hence the random orange strip.


And the third collage had to have transition colors that were supposed to take the attention off the anomaly, hence all the other colors, like the red.

I'm working on a lot more stuff right now that is a lot cooler, but this is just a little taste for ya. There is plenty more to come :) Prepare to be blown away.

2 comments:

  1. To say I'm impressed by the 1st blind contour drawing would be a lie. I'm blown away!!!! I know how hard it is to do those and how they can often never resemble anything close to what you are drawing. If I were the art teacher, I would accuse you of cheating because it's just that great. Who counted the squares? I do not volunteer for that job, so keep using whomever it is that's counting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to pick a favorite here. My unfavorite though are the collages, though they are truly artsy. The rest just need to come to a wall near me. :)

    ReplyDelete