Green Vines Background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Trip to Saudi Arabia and India

So before you get all excited for me, I have not and will not be going to Saudi Arabia or India any time soon. The title of this post simply describes my latest art project. 

I'm in an Illustration class and our first assignment was to take a nursery rhyme and give it our own twist. After brainstorming a ton of different ideas, I eventually settled on Jack Be Nimble as an Aladdin-type character. 


The colors are weird cause of the lighting and everything looks smaller but you get the idea.

We had to only use black and white shapes, not lines, so it was kinda difficult figuring out how to get everything across.

I made it with India ink and bristol paper. Voila. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I really like how curvy everything ended up. No horizon, but still a horizon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you said that cause that's what I was going for with the horizon

    ReplyDelete