Green Vines Background

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Books, Books, Nothing But Books

I love bookbinding. Some people think it's lame, but I love it. I recently learned how to make books using the Coptic Binding. We only had to make one book for the assignment but I made two :) The first one took me a while but the second one only took me about 6 or 7 hours total, from scratch. I am proud of myself lol. Here are some pics:

Here's the front of both of them. The first one I made is on the left, the second one is on the right.


This is the side view


This is the back


This is the front inside cover


This is the back inside cover


The next kind of book we are learning how to make is called the Flat Back binding, which is how most books are made. I can't wait :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the one on the right with the blue front cover! These are BOMB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Steph!! I like that one best too, you should definitely take that class if you can.

    ReplyDelete