Green Vines Background

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Drawing With the Moon

Have you ever read the book "Happy Birthday, Moon"? 



If you haven't, you're missing out. That book is one of my all time favorite children's books. I loved it when I was little and I still love it. There is something about being outside on a summer night, perfect temperature with a slight breeze, looking up at the stars and staring at the moon. 



It is the most relaxing thing in the entire world for me. Hearing the wind in the trees and staring out at the huge, open sky. Priceless. Tonight, I thought I would try and get some pictures of some fireworks over the valley and I ended up drawing with the moon and the city lights. 





I tried signing my name using the moon but it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. This is the closest I got:


That last picture reminds me of another children's book called "Sam and the Firefly". Another classic. 


I could've stayed there all night taking pictures but some sketchy guys were coming down the mountain so I decided to leave so my body didn't end up in a ditch. That's one thing that sucks about being a girl.....you can't be out in the wilderness by yourself late at night. Sounds weird but I like being out in the wilderness by myself at night lol. Stupid sketchy men. Anyway, hopefully more awesome pictures to come soon :) 

3 comments:

  1. Any time you want me to come over at night to sit on a rock part way up the mountain so you can take pictures and be safe from the sketchy men, I'll be there.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures (which are AWESOME) made me think of this guy I read about today:

    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=21132651&title=the-unsteady-hand-of-the-photographer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Steph I love that guys pictures, they're way cool.

    ReplyDelete